Marketing has changed over the last 10 years. Consumers have more power than ever when it comes to what they see and buy online. It is now up to marketers to go beyond traditional advertising campaigns and find ways to build a relationship with their audience. And one of the best ways to do that is by telling a story.
This course is designed to help social media marketers understand the key components of storytelling and how they can apply these principles to their digital marketing campaigns.
Who Should Attend:
This program is designed for marketing professionals with at least three years of experience in the following functional areas:
- Social Media Marketers looking to find new ways to create lasting relationships with their audience.
- Public Relation Professionals who want to better understand the unique ways social media can be used to tell a compelling brand story online.
- SEO Managers who want to find better ways to create content that will be shareable on social and increase engagements with the people who visit their websites.
- Small Business People/Team Of One who need help jumping into the world of social media marketing.
- Non-Profit Marketing Professionals who don’t have the internal support or resources to effectively share their story on social media.
- Any Individual who wants to learn more about social media and the importance of storytelling in modern marketing campaigns.
By the end of this program you will have a solid understanding of:
- Identifying who your audience is and what they want to engage with on social media
- How you can use social media storytelling to create an audience who loves your brand
- Know what kind of story goes on each unique social media platform
- How to build a brand your audience will love and trust
- Understand when to use copy and visuals to tell your story
- How to incorporate influencers and customer stories into your storytelling
What You Will Receive:
- Access to the Social Media Storytelling course materials
- Access to your Knowledge Navigator
- Instructor presentations
- Access to supplementary reading and training materials
- Access to Mimic Pro Social Simulation
- Capstone Project
For Levels II and III (if you choose), you will work with your own personal mentor, which we call Knowledge Navigator, who not only help you build skills faster, but also enables career growth.
Your Knowledge Navigator will:
- Offer their subject matter expertise, discuss course content and help you build skills faster
- Schedule 1 : 1 meeting time with you via Calendly (15 minutes meetings)
- Keep you accountable and on track!
Learn By Doing – Simulation
- Provide realistic simulated environments where you are placed in the role of a digital marketing specialist
- Make decisions, see results, then adjust your tactics as necessary
- Immediate feedback on your decisions will aid learning
- Move from the conceptual to a real application of digital marketing skills
Join career-focused sessions where a career coach will get you on a track to land your dream job. You’ll also have a scheduled 1 : 1 call with your career coach.
Whether your goal is a job promotion or an entirely new career, your coach will help you develop a clear plan for accomplishing this goal.
A career coach will help you:
- Create a successful job search strategy
- Build your personal career network
- Find the right job titles and companies
- Craft an effective resume and LinkedIn profile
- Ace the job interview
- Negotiate your salary
A final Capstone Project demonstrates your knowledge and provides a current employer – or a future one – what you know and are able to do. This project will be the center of a powerful portfolio that will showcase your abilities to hiring managers. (The Capstone Project is often cited by students as an invaluable tool to landing their dream job.) As throughout all phases of these studies, your Knowledge Navigator provides important feedback on your Capstone Project.