The Legal Issues in Higher Education Conference is Celebrating 30 Years, Join Us Online!
We understand these are unsettling times—and that we are all trying to find our “new normal”.
At the University of Vermont, we can’t imagine a normal that doesn’t include the academic and professional development of all of our learners. That is why we are continuing to move ahead with our online programming. And while we all hope “social distancing” soon will be a thing of the past, we place a high value on preparation—of all kinds. We will, of course, keep you updated as we learn more. In the meantime, we are working with the hope and expectation that things will stabilize in the near future. Read more about UVM’s updates and information on COVID-19 here.
With this in mind, the University of Vermont will be offering the Legal Issues in Higher Education Conference in a fully online format during the fall of 2020.
The University of Vermont annually presents one of the nation’s premiere conferences on October 19-21, 2020, focused on the diverse legal issues impacting all aspects of higher education.
The entire conference will be offered online this year!
The program features leading experts in Higher Education Law, Student Affairs and Campus Public Safety.
Through interactive sessions, panel discussions and informal networking opportunities participants learn practical approaches to complex legal situations.
Participants acquire the knowledge to implement best practices, policies and programs; and develop a network of peers to serve as connectors and advisors who continue to serve as a problem-solving resources after the conclusion of the conference.
- COVID Response On Campus: Lessons Learned
- Creating a Wellness Environment (WE) to Promote Health and Reduce Risk
- Extremely Online Students: Recent Trends in Internet Speech and Harassment, and What Title IX (Might) Do About It
- Impacts of the 2020 Election on Higher Education
- Privacy in a Pandemic: FERPA and COVID-19
- Re-Imagining Safety, Security, and Law Enforcement In Educational Settings
- Title IX New Regulations and Implementation: Lessons Learned So Far
- Structuring an Informal Resolutions Process
- Civility, Harassment and Hostile Environments
- COVID-19 In-Person or Virtual Requests for Accommodations: What You Need to Know
- Level Up: An Esports Primer to avoid being a Gaming N00b on Campus