Master of Public Health (MPH) Online
Our online Master of Public Health degree will empower you to provide solutions that improve the quality of life for people through blending public policy, research, and population health sciences. We are a top-ranked online Public Health program aligned with an award-winning academic medical center focused on research and patient care. Engage with our supportive Public Health faculty experts to gain the knowledge and the skills you need to understand timely real-world health priorities and the methodologies to work toward solving them.
Our 42-credit, online Master of Public Health (MPH) degree, developed in collaboration with the Larner College of Medicine, prepares you for a number of Public Health careers. Our program helps students explore timely public health and policy issues while providing a strong foundation in population health sciences. The program leads to a Generalist MPH degree focused on excellence in Environmental Public Health, Epidemiology, Quantitative Public Health Sciences, and Health Policy, Leadership, and Advocacy. Our graduates are well-rounded and you will be prepared to grow your career in the area of Public Health of most interest to you.
Full-time students can complete the MPH within two years and part-time students have up to five years to complete the program. Students who start the MPH in the summer session can complete the program in four semesters.
The UVM online MPH degree prepares students to take on leadership roles in a variety of public health disciplines. We accept students with professional health and non-health backgrounds including:
- Medical and public health professionals
- Graduate students
- Professionals and students with a variety of backgrounds
- Graduate students preparing for advanced study at the doctoral level
Our program will help you further your goals by teaching you to:
- Learn about policy and advocacy and their crucial role in improving health in many areas
- Gain a population perspective to develop academic and practical skills to positively impact populations in communities, states, and entire countries
- Research, evaluate, and improve the health of various populations
- Work collaboratively with a network of professionals in healthcare, government agencies, and non-profit organizations
- Navigate the levels of community resources to improve public health
- Identify changes needed to improve healthcare systems and requirements for accountability within the healthcare system
- Implement new models for population-based medical practice
Empowering You to Make a Difference in Public Health
Public health is a dynamic and challenging, multidisciplinary field blending public policy, research, and population health sciences. The focus of public health is on promoting health and preventing disease among entire populations. Our Master of Public Health generalist degree gives you many options for career paths. If you enjoy research and improving the quality of life for people then this is the field for you. There are over 20 major fields of study and five core disciplines:
Behavioral Science/Health Education
You enjoy working closely with people on initiatives to improve their health.
- Director of a Human Services Organization
- Asthma Program Manager
- Tobacco Control Program Manager
You enjoy crunching numbers and interpreting scientific data related to Public Health.
- Social Sciences Researcher
- Infection Preventionist
- Immunization Data Analyst
You enjoy getting out into the field and improving environmental conditions that impact health.
- New York City Research Scientist
- Clean Air Manager
- Natural Resources Defense Council Policy Advocate
You enjoy a scientific approach to analyzing and investigating diseases in populations so that disease outbreaks can be prevented in the future.
- Epidemiology Coordinator
- Public Health Physician
- Infection Preventionist
Health Services Administration
You enjoy combining policy, business, and science in order to deliver public health services.
- Health Program Manager
- Health Director
- Deputy Director for Management & Operations, Global Health Task Force