Understanding how well a digital marketing campaign is working — and how to improve it — is the central goal of this course. Digital marketing requires the ability to track and analyze data, and how you use this information is critical to spending your marketing dollars wisely and generating sales and business.
Students in the course will complete three, 3.5-hour courses covering conversional rate optimization (CRO), Google Analytics and web analytics (total of 10 hours), a capstone project, followed by the Mimic Analytics Simulation to apply one’s learning.
Who Should Attend?
This program is designed for professionals with at least 1 year of experience in the following functional areas:
- Data analytics managers who want to better understand the effectiveness of their digital marketing campaigns
- Small business people/individuals who need to understand how well their digital marketing campaigns are working and how to adjust these for maximum effectiveness
- Non-profit marketing professionals who are assessing the effectiveness of digital marketing campaigns
- Any individual who wants to learn more about data analytics
By the end of this program you will have a solid understanding of how to:
- Develop a solid understanding of the basic concepts and techniques you will encounter as a practitioner in the web analytics field
- Define key performance indicators (KPIs) and discuss how they are chosen and implemented
- Examine segmentation with strategies for how to categorize website visitors
- Plan and assess website business strategies using web analytics
- Understand the practice of web analytics and how Google Analytics is used as a tool in this field
- Describe the basic concepts behind Google Analytics including metrics, dimensions, and goal-tracking
- Set up a Google Analytics account and the tracking code that pulls data from websites and applications
- Understand organizational goals for analytics, visitors, goals, and goal values
- Analyze website traffic reports and compare data for marketing and sales purposes
- Describe the differences between dimensions and metrics and how they are used to analyze web traffic
- Create Google Analytics’ Audience, Acquisition, Behavior, and Conversions reports and translate data from those reports into an actionable plan
- Analyze average session duration, bounce rate, pages per session, page views, and how each plays a role in a digital measurement plan
- Understand views, filters, and segmentations and how they work in digital analytics
- Define conversion rate and the many factors that contribute to it
- Identify the components of a digital marketing campaign and the role each component plays in conversion rate optimization
- Identify strategies for enhancing conversion rates
- Demonstrate successful application of the concepts learned to real-world scenarios through the Mimic Analytics Simulation.
What You Will Receive:
- Access to three analytics courses (videos, readings, workbooks)
- Access to your Knowledge Navigator
- Access to supplementary reading and training materials
- Capstone project
- Access to analytics simulation
For Levels II and III (if you choose), you will work with your own personal mentor, which we call Knowledge Navigator, who not only help you build skills faster, but also enables career growth.
Your Knowledge Navigator will:
- Offer their subject matter expertise, discuss course content and help you build skills faster
- Schedule 1 : 1 meeting time with you via Calendly (15 minutes meetings)
- Keep you accountable and on track!
Learn By Doing – Simulation
- Provide realistic simulated environments where you are placed in the role of a digital marketing specialist
- Make decisions, see results, then adjust your tactics as necessary
- Immediate feedback on your decisions will aid learning
- Move from the conceptual to a real application of digital marketing skills
Join career-focused sessions where a career coach will get you on a track to land your dream job. You’ll also have a scheduled 1 : 1 call with your career coach.
Whether your goal is a job promotion or an entirely new career, your coach will help you develop a clear plan for accomplishing this goal.
A career coach will help you:
- Create a successful job search strategy
- Build your personal career network
- Find the right job titles and companies
- Craft an effective resume and LinkedIn profile
- Ace the job interview
- Negotiate your salary
A final Capstone Project demonstrates your knowledge and provides a current employer – or a future one – what you know and are able to do. This project will be the center of a powerful portfolio that will showcase your abilities to hiring managers. (The Capstone Project is often cited by students as an invaluable tool to landing their dream job.) As throughout all phases of these studies, your Knowledge Navigator provides important feedback on your Capstone Project.