The University of Vermont’s Summer Medical Program in Burlington, VT, allows medical students to catch up or get ahead on their studies by taking four- to six-week courses in the medical sciences. The program also draws undergraduate, post-baccalaureate, and graduate students interested in summer premedical programs.
Medical school faculty from around the world encourage their students to choose UVM’s Summer Medical Program because of its:
- Accomplished, reputable faculty from the university’s nearly 200-year-old medical school.
- State-of-the-art teaching, research, and clinical facilities
- Close affiliation with a teaching hospital (Level 1 Trauma center) on the university’s main campus.
- Individual student attention and small classes in a low-pressure setting.
- Courses designed to transfer to a student’s home medical school.
- Beautiful outdoor surroundings overlooking Lake Champlain and the mountains, just two hours from Montreal.
Summer medical and premedical courses available in 2014:
Medical Pharmacology – Covers all of the topics presented in a conventional course in pharmacology for medical students, as well as for students in other health sciences.
Medical Physiology – Examines the cellular, systems and integrative aspects of medical physiology, using clinical examples to illustrate fundamental physiological principles.