Professional Certificate in Campus Sustainability Leadership (5-Day Conference)
With the growing impacts of climate change and sustainability challenges that we face today, now, more than ever, we must explore and develop innovative practices for sustainable systems. At the University of Vermont, we believe colleges and universities have the opportunity and responsibility to pave the way for sustainable communities by creating sustainable campuses and leading by example.
Do you have a passion for sustainability, or a role that impacts sustainability practices on your campus? We welcome a variety of campus professionals to our 5-day Campus Sustainability Leadership Certificate program. Participants form a diverse array of campus professionals. Here are a list of some of our participants’ titles:
- Deans and Positions of Administrative Leadership
- Faculty who chair Sustainability Committees
- Operations and Facilities Directors
- Campus Sustainability Coordinators
- Plant Operations and Sustainability Directors
- Landscape, Grounds, and Recycling Managers
- Student Services Directors
- Student Engagement and Sustainability Directors
- Project Planners
During our 5-day interactive summer conference, you will engage with sustainability experts and discuss all aspects of campus sustainability practices and earn a Professional Certificate in Campus Sustainability Leadership. Bring about change on your campus through transformative, financially-sustainable innovations and help your campus become a sustainability model for other communities and organizations.
Attending this 5-day conference will give you an opportunity to:
- Gain practical leadership skills and develop systems thinking in campus sustainability practices
- Discover strategies for growing your sustainability goals on your home campus
- Learn about specific design and planning considerations for sustainable building practices
- Review sustainability program ideas to empower the entire campus community
- Discuss partnership opportunities and leveraging community organizations
- Expand your professional network through interactions with experts and fellow attendees
- Participate in site visits, lectures, panel discussions, and more
- Explore Burlington, Vermont – a dynamic city in a beautiful landscape
Questions? Our Advisors are here to help.
Please reach out through the form above or call us at 800-639-3210.