With the growing impacts of climate change and sustainability challenges that we face today, now, more than ever, we must explore and develop innovative practices for sustainable systems. At the University of Vermont, we believe colleges and universities have the opportunity and responsibility to pave the way for sustainable communities by creating sustainable campuses and leading by example.
Do you have a passion for sustainability, or a role that impacts sustainability practices on your campus? We welcome a variety of campus professionals to our 5-day Campus Sustainability Leadership Professional Certificate program. Participants form a diverse array of campus professionals. Here are a list of some of our participants’ titles:
- Deans and Positions of Administrative Leadership
- Faculty who chair Sustainability Committees
- Operations and Facilities Directors
- Campus Sustainability Coordinators
- Plant Operations and Sustainability Directors
- Landscape, Grounds, and Recycling Managers
- Student Services Directors
- Student Engagement and Sustainability Directors
- Project Planners
During this program, you will:
- Gain practical leadership skills to address complex sustainability challenges
- Discover strategies for achieving goals on campus
- Develop a plan to address a specific sustainability issue on campus using Design Thinking principles
- Explore funding options for clean energy projects on campus and socially responsible investing in higher education
- Learn about specific design and planning issues for sustainable building practices
- Exchange ideas with other sustainability professionals from across the country and expand your network
- Discuss partnership opportunities and leveraging community organizations
- Develop your skills as a systems thinker and learn new approaches for applying systems thinking to problems
- Participate in site visits, lectures, panel discussions, and more
- Explore Burlington, Vermont – a dynamic city in a beautiful landscape
Questions? Our Advisors are here to help.
Please reach out through the form above or call us at 800-639-3210.