UVM’s Leadership and Management Professional Certificate consists of eight individual leadership seminars that focus on developing leadership capabilities and skills in the context of today’s business and management challenges. The seminars are taught by industry experts and held in Burlington.
Professionals interested in focusing on a specific area of leadership and management may sign up for individual seminars. Whether you’re taking one seminar or completing your certificate, our day-long, locally held sessions allow you to minimize your time away from work and family, while providing the tools to help you become a more effective leader and reach your professional goals.
Fall 16/Spring 17 remaining sessions:
Fall 17/Spring 18 sessions:
Our seminars are designed to help you:
- Improve your leadership, business strategy, negotiations, sales, marketing, and finance skills
- Prepare you for higher-level job responsibilities and career advancement
- Develop your knowledge of business principles, trends, and best practices
- Identify your learning leadership style to provide you with insights into your problem solving, decision making, conflict resolution, teamwork, and communication skills
- Improve your emotional intelligence and behaviors to better connect with others as a leader
- Gain a big-picture view of management to communicate more effectively within your organization
- Lead cross-functional teams
- Build a professional network beyond your organization
- Case-study discussions
- Leadership assessments
- Group problem solving
- Action planning
Who Should Attend?
Seminars are appropriate for rising leaders, supervisors, and managers of all levels, including professionals currently experiencing challenges or looking for advancement, and executives who want to reassess their ability to influence others.