Please continue to check back here for information as events are updated several times a year.
No time to commit to a full class?
Try choosing from among many of our other OLLI-sponsored activities.
OLLI Women’s Weekend at Camp Abnaki
Join other OLLI women and OLLI Staff members for a fun, camp-centered member’s weekend! Enjoy the natural beauty of Camp Abnaki, located on the shore of Lake Champlain in North Hero. All activities are included in the program fee: opt in to as many as you like, or feel free to socialize with new friends, join in a pickup game of tennis or ping pong, take a hike or a stroll, have a swim or paddle, or just relax in the natural surroundings.
- Check-in: 4-6pm on Friday, September 13
- Check-out: after 1pm Sunday, September 15
- Price: $185 per OLLI member; includes all accommodations, meals, classes and activities.
- Registration deadline: June 10, 2013 – sign up now!
Overview of Activities:
- Workshops/Classes: Yoga, Painting, Tai Chi, Journal Writing, Arts & Crafts
- Camp Activities: Canoeing, Kayaking, Swimming, Trail Hike, Group Games
- Evening Activities: Campfire, Book Discussion, Movie Night, Board Games, Stargazing
- Meals: All meals included, from dinner on Friday evening, through lunch on Sunday. Vegetarian and other dietary needs can be accommodated with advance notice.
- Accommodations: Rustic cabins with electricity, bunkbeds/mattresses (4 to a cabin). Common restrooms with showers and hot water are centrally located near cabins. Participants must be able to climb stairs to enter the dining area and cabins.
What to Pack:
- Sleeping bag (or sheets/blanket) and Pillow with cover
- Change of clothes appropriate to activities and length of stay
- Appropriate footwear (sneakers/hikers)
- Toiletries, wash cloth, and towel for showers
- Bathing suit and watershoes or sandals, and bath towel
- Bug spray and sunscreen
- Sun hat/cap
- Rain jacket and appropriate outerwear for cooler temperatures
- Flashlight/extra batteries
- Water bottle
- Any other personal items for your comfort
Internet and cell phone service is very limited on the camp premises. We highly recommend you “disconnect” for the weekend and enjoy the tranquil surroundings and sharing with your new OLLI friends!
Art Opening and Exhibit
Friday, June 28, 5:00-6:30pm
Department of Continuing Education
322 South Prospect Street, Burlington
Please join us for an exhibition, presentation, and reception with artist Kimberlee Forney. Kimberlee works mainly with acrylic paint on canvas creating a diverse range of subjects. She has over 500 original pieces in her style and her favorite subjects to explore pertain to music, nature, couples, dogs, spirituality, the VT landscape, birds, and many many more! She enjoys playing with color and texture in her pieces and enjoys the healing qualities of making art, as well as the healing qualities in sharing her art with others. She enjoys watching a person’s reactions to her art and is happy when her paintings touch the viewer in such a way to bring a smile to their face or laughter in their heart.
Light refreshments provided by Healthy Living.
Join us for insightful, thought-provoking discussions about some of the most pressing foreign policy challenges that our country faces today. Great Decisions is a nation-wide civic education program supported by the Foreign Policy Association. Join us for insightful, thought-provoking discussions about some of the most pressing foreign policy challenges that our country faces today. Great Decisions is a nation-wide civic education program supported by the Foreign Policy Association (www.fpa.org).
Check back later this summer for our fall Great Decisions dates.
Community Cinema is a groundbreaking civic engagement initiative featuring free monthly screenings of films from the Emmy Award-winning series Independent Lens and is a partnership between OLLI at UVM, Vermont Public Television, and the Flynn Center for the Performing Arts. All films are screened at the FlynnSpace at 7 pm and are followed by a lively panel discussion.
Check back later this summer for our Community Cinema dates.