Medical School Linkage Agreements
One of the many benefits of attending UVM for your Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Medical education is that you can take advantage of med school linkage programs when it comes time to apply to medical school, or other health professional school.
As a UVM Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Medical Program student, you are guaranteed an interview with schools on our linkage agreement list, provided you meet the professional school guidelines and meet a minimum GPA requirement in your Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Medical Program.
University of Vermont Larner College of Medicine
The UVM Larner College of Medicine Office of Admissions agrees to provide an interview for students who have completed the UVM Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Medical program and seek admission to Larner College of Medicine. To be guaranteed an interview under this agreement, students must have a combined BCMP (biology, chemistry, math, and physics) and GPA of 3.5 or higher in the Post-Bacc program. Students are also required to meet all other criteria for admission.
Additional requirements include:
- Graduation from an accredited baccalaureate degree program or higher at an institution accredited by the National Committee of Regional Accrediting Agencies in the U.S. or Canada
- Cumulative BCPM (biology, chemistry, math, and physics) and GPA of 3.5 or higher in the Post-Bacc Pre-Med program
- The Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) is required of all applicants. For the 2021-2022 application cycle, with matriculation in 2022, we will accept MCATs taken after January 1, 2018. An MCAT score of at least 509 is required for an automatic interview.
- No pending charges or finding of violation of University Policy
- Be a US citizen, permanent resident, refugee, asylee, or have DACA status
University of Vermont College of Nursing and Health Sciences (CNHS)
The Department of Nursing and the Physical Therapy Program within the CNHS agree to interview students who have completed the UVM Post-Bacc program for admission to the Doctor of Nursing Practice and the Doctorate of Physical Therapy.
To be interviewed for the Doctor of Nursing Practice, students must have a GPA of 3.2 or higher in the Post-Bacc Pre-Med program and meet all other minimum criteria for admission to the CNHS Doctoral programs.
To be interviewed for the Doctor of Physical Therapy or Occupational Therapy Doctorate, students must have a GPA of 3.2 or higher in the Post-Bacc Pre-Med program and meet all other minimum criteria for admission to the CNHS Doctoral programs, which include:
- Graduated from an accredited baccalaureate degree program or higher
- Completion of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) – combined score in accordance with CNHS requirements for each program here (GRE waived for those with master’s degree or higher).
Franklin Pierce University College of Health & Natural Sciences
Master of Physician Assistant Studies Program
The Franklin Pierce University (FPU) College of Health & Natural Sciences agrees to provide an interview for students who have completed UVM’s Post-Bacc Pre-Med program and seek admission to the FPU Master of Physician Assistant Studies (MPAS) Program. To be offered an interview under this agreement, students must:
- Hold a baccalaureate degree at an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Apply to the FPU MPAS Program by the program’s published application deadline and process.
- Have science and cumulative grade point averages of 3.0 or higher, for each.
- Have a favorable letter of recommendation from the University.
- Complete all prerequisite courses and admission requirements per the FPU MPAS website by the time of matriculation. Note: It is understood that some prerequisites may be pending at the time of application.
Note: Students shall apply for admission to the FPU MPAS Program in accordance with the existing rules, policies, and procedures of the program. This linkage agreement does not guarantee admission to the FPU MPAS Program. Admission to FPU MPAS Program is at the sole discretion of FPU.
This linkage agreement is valid from 10/26/2021 to 10/26/2026.