Medical School Linkage Agreements
One of the many benefits of attending the University of Vermont for your Post-Baccalaureate Premedical education is that you can take advantage of linkage agreements when it comes time to apply to medical school. Linkage agreements are contracts between the University of Vermont and other medical school programs that provide students in the program with a supportive and often expedited pathway for admissions into those institutions.
As a UVM Post-Baccalaureate Premedical Program student, you are guaranteed an interview with schools on our linkage agreement list, provided you meet the professional school guidelines and have a certain GPA in your Post-Baccalaureate Premedical Program. You’ll work closely with your advisor to help assess your qualifications for the linked medical programs and determine the best time to apply.
While many of our students choose to take advantage of linkage agreements, we also have a large number of students who apply to medical schools that are not on our linkage agreement list. We’ll support you through your application process and guide you in making the medical school decision that best aligns with your educational and professional goals.
University of Vermont Larner College of Medicine
The UVM Larner College of Medicine Office of Admissions agrees to provide an interview for students who have completed the Post-Baccalaureate Premedical program at UVM and seek admission to Larner College of Medicine. To be guaranteed an interview under this agreement, students must have a combined BCMP and GPA of 3.5 or higher in the PBPM program. Students are also required to meet all other criteria for admission, which includes the following:
Additional requirements include:
- Graduation from an accredited baccalaureate degree program or higher at an institution accredited by the National Committee of Regional Accrediting Agencies in the US or Canada
- Cumulative BCPM and overall GPA of 3.5 or higher in the Post-Baccalaureate Premedical program
- The Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) is required of all applicants. An MCAT score of at least 509 or higher is required for automatic review
Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (ACPHS)
The Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences agrees to provide an interview for students who have completed the Post-Baccalaureate Premedical program at UVM and seek admission to the Doctor of Pharmacy degree at ACPHS. To be guaranteed an interview under this agreement, students must meet the ACPHS admissions requirements for the Doctor of Pharmacy Degree, those admissions requirements can be found here: https://www.acphs.edu/first-professional-year-doctor-pharmacy-program#pre
For additional details, contact the program advisor.
University of Vermont College of Nursing and Health Sciences (CNHS)
The Department of Nursing and the Physical Therapy Program within the CNHS agree to interview certain students who have completed the PBPM program at UVM for admission to the Doctor of Nursing Practice and the Doctorate program in Psychical Therapy. To be interviewed, students must have a GPA of 3.2 or higher in the PBPM program and meet all other minimum criteria for admission to the CNHS Doctoral programs, which include:
- Graduated from the an accredited baccalaureate degree program or higher
- Completion of the Graduate Record Examination-combined score in according with CNHS requirements for each program here: http://www.uvm.edu/cnhs/health-sciences-graduate-programs. (GRE waived for those with master’s degree or higher)