2021 Conference Agenda
9 – Live Panel Sessions
15 – Live Coffee Talk/Roundtable Discussions
6 – Pre-Recorded Presentations
The UVM Legal Issues in Higher Education Conference is “one of the only conferences that invites higher education professionals to examine issues specific to their professional area (student services, admissions, etc.), but is focused exclusively on how the law impacts those areas,” says Joshua Richards. Vice-chair of the Higher Education Practice at Saul Ewing Arnstein & Lehr, and advisory board member of the UVM Legal Issues Conference.
Richards will present at this year’s conference on the topic of affirmative action in admissions, scholarships, student organizations, and hiring.
- Current Legal Trends
- Separating Ties Between the Campus and Police
- Student Code of Conduct, Acts of Bias, Civility and Discipline
- Event Management: Free Speech and Major Disruption
- Campus COVID Response: Planning For The Next Pandemic
- Privacy and Cybersecurity in the Digital Age
- Issues Surrounding Student Mental Health Following the Onset of COVID-19
- Return to Normal: Implications for Remote Work
- OCR Enforcement of Diversity Related Issues
- Athletics, Regulations and Expectations Update
- Contract Basics
- Transgender Student Issues
- Accommodation and Applied Learning
- Priorities and Agendas of the New Administration
- Alcohol and Cannabis on Campus
- Title IX Update
Due to the changing nature of legal topics impacting higher education and speaker schedules, all topics and schedules are subject to change.