Prelock Online Teaching Award
Purpose of Award
The award recognizes and rewards superior online asynchronous teaching, provides models of excellence for fellow faculty, and encourages all faculty to continue to improve and advance their online teaching pedagogy. It is named in honor of Provost Patricia Prelock, an early adopter at UVM of online teaching.
The award recipient will receive a certificate and a letter outlining their accomplishments to aid in their professional development.
The awardees may be asked to assume a leadership role in promoting online instruction at UVM and serve on the award selection committee.
All faculty, credit or non-credit, who have taught a fully-online course.
Nominations for the award may be made by
- Students who have taken the course
- Faculty members
- Department heads or staff who have access or experience with course materials. Nominators may request course access from the instructor.
- Self-nominations are also accepted.
Selection will be made based on how the course embodies these Online Course Design Guidelines.
- February 1 2021: Call for nominations.
- May 1, 2021: Nominations due.
- Fall 2021:
- Nominees notifed and are requested to grant access to their Blackboard course space as part of the review process.
- Committee reviews nominations and course spaces based on the Online Course Design Guidelines
- November 15, 2021 Award winner announced.
For more information
Contact the CDE Online Learning Team at firstname.lastname@example.org