The Medical Laboratory Science Program will provide you with a high-quality education focused on human health and disease, and position you for intensive practical laboratory experience during the last semester of your anticipated year of completion. The semester-long practicum will take place at any one of our clinical program affiliates. Practicum assignments are made based on availability of space at the affiliate site and student preference. The laboratory practica offer state-of-the-art computer instrumentation using the latest methods and technologies. During your practicum experience, you will apply theoretical knowledge and learn the skills to perform laboratory procedures, recognize and solve problems, assume future leadership roles, carry out research, and educate others. You will work one-on-one with a staff technologist as you gain hands-on experience in diagnostic laboratory medicine.
Download the policy on clinical site availability (PDF).
Download the policy on service work (PDF).
Clinical Laboratory Science Affiliates
- Albany Medical Center, Albany NY
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA
- Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston, MA
- Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital, Plattsburgh, NY
- Elliot Hospital, Manchester, NH
- Glens Falls Hospital, Glens Falls, NY
- Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA
- NorDx, Portland and Scarborough, ME
- Rutland Regional Medical Center, Rutland, VT
- St. Peter’s Hospital, Albany, NY
- Yale New Haven Hospital, New Haven, CT
- The University of Vermont Medical Center, Burlington, VT