Training for Tomorrow's Food Hub Leaders
The first of its kind in North America and now planning for its fifth year, this program is an innovative blend of hands-on, community-based online and in-person learning to prepare you for managing food hubs. The program provides the tools you need to advance your career in food systems.
Planning is underway for the 2020 program, so check back soon for additional details!
- Designed for emergent and established food hub managers
- Goals of the program are to strengthen and accelerate management skills of operational leaders of food hubs and other community based food system organizations
- Multi-disciplined subject matter taught by Food Hub Managers and subject matter experts in each discipline
- Taught online
- Topics include: Business Formation, Food Hub Fundamentals, Business Planning, Marketing, Sales, Finance, HR & Staffing, Risk Management, Food Safety, Product Development and Knowledge, Supply Chain Management, Storage and Warehouse Management, Distribution, Processing, Technology, Value Chain Facilitation
Develop Essential Knowledge & Skills
- Legal Structure, Sources of Capital
- Business Planning and Assessment
- Sales Forecasting, Analysis and Marketing
- Finance and Risk Management
- Food Safety – On Farm, Facility, and FSMA
- Supply and Value Chain Integration
- New Product Development and Processing
- Management of Facilities, Distribution, and Technology
- Human Resources and Stakeholder Management
Who Should Attend?
- Individuals exploring the feasibility of starting or expanding a food hub
- Emerging leaders in organizations advancing the feasibility of regional food systems
- Food Hub practitioners focused on ‘the next ten years’
- Professionals seeking to develop their career in the local and regional food market