Cannabis Science and Medicine at UVM
General Overview of Offerings
Clinicians need access to high-quality education on up-to-date research and clinical applications of Cannabis for therapeutic use. Researchers, professionals and students need education on Cannabis law, policy, plant biology, chemistry, and Cannabis’s biological effects on the human body.
At the forefront of academic health care, the University of Vermont College of Medicine programs below help address the increasing need for research-based, and relevant medical Cannabis education across the country.
- Cannabis Speaker Series – Online Webinars Available for Viewing
- Community Medical School – Examining the Science of Medical Cannabis - See Video Presentation in Archives
- Cannabis Science and Medicine Professional Certificate – Online: October 29 – December 14, 2018
- Cannabis Science and Medicine Modules – Online Modules – Available on demand
- Pharmacology 200: Cannabis Past, Present, and Future
Monique McHenry, PhD
Monique McHenry, PhD is a botanist with a background in plant diversity and evolution. She is the co-director of the cannabis pharmacology course at the University of Vermont Medical School. She is also Co-Founder of the Phytoscience Institute, a plant-based pharmaceutical research center. Dr. McHenry completed her BA and MSc at the University of Colorado, and her PhD at the University of Vermont.