UVM offers motivated students an academically challenging experience designed to bring out their best. Our faculty are gifted teachers who inspire students; where learning is not limited by the classroom walls. We encourage and promote many kinds of experiential learning.
Students may begin college studies while still in high school.
High school students or graduates may earn college credit in one or more courses alongside peers and undergraduates. UVM offers entry level courses online year round in a variety of subject areas. Course credits are transferable within UVM and other institutions.
- Earn college credit while still in high school
- Demonstrate their ability to college recruiters
- Take a challenging or unique course not offered in their high school
Take advantage of free courses through Vermont’s Dual Enrollment Program (Vermont residents only)
How it Works
- High school students can enroll in UVM courses online during the summer or academic year
- We offer more than 100 courses in the areas of English, languages, math, science, and the arts
- Course credits are transferable within UVM and to several other institutions
Who Should Apply
- Highly-motivated students interested in being challenged by college-level academics
- Students interested in attending the University of Vermont
- Students who want to explore a field of study
- Busy athletes whose schedule requires flexibility
“I took Calculus 1 over the summer and found it very beneficial because I had just taken it in high school so it was pretty easy and it let me jump right into Calculus 2 in the fall. As a math major, this jumpstarted my college career in a great way. I was also going into college as a 16 almost 17 year old, so the program helped ease me into the college life and prepare for the real thing.”
Olivia Myers Lisbon, NH