Do you want to advance your career in an IT-related field, earn credits toward a degree, prepare for a MS in Computer Science if you have a bachelor’s degree in another field, enhance your computer skills, or take your first steps towards becoming a software developer?
UVM’s Certificate in Computer Software allows you to enroll in courses that suit your interests and experience, plus offers a highly flexible curriculum. All courses in this program receive UVM credit, and you can apply them toward a UVM degree. The flexible nature of this certificate allows you to enroll in a variety of courses, available online and on campus.
The Certificate in Computer Software is a 15-credit academic certificate. Students choose from pre-set tracks, or a self-designed track.
You can complete more than one track, and courses may overlap between tracks.
In all cases, students must complete five courses, for at least 15 credits, in approved computer software courses, with a minimum GPA of 2.0 in each course.
You can select a course of study from one of the following tracks:
- Web Development Track
- Cybersecurity Track
- Software Development Track
- Computer Science Master’s Preparation Track
- Self-Designed Track
Students Use This Certificate To:
- Improve or advance their career in an IT-related field
- Enhance their computer science skills and become a more valuable employee
- Receive certification prior to entering or while working toward a degree in Computer Science
- Prepare for graduate studies in Computer Science