I’m interested in returning to school. How do I get started?

It’s as easy as registering for a course that interests you. Or you may want to schedule an appointment with an advisor to review your academic background and explore your options. We offer hundreds of credit and non-credit courses throughout the year to help you get started.

I’m not sure of the courses I want to take. What programs do you offer?

An advisor can help you find a course or program to meet your needs. Every semester, we offer a variety of credit and non-credit courses and programs.

I’m juggling a career and a family. How convenient are your classes?

We understand the challenge of combining work, school, and family. We offer a variety of flexible courses online and on-campus.

Is financial aid available?

Professional and Continuing Education students in a required course of study leading to a degree may be eligible for Stafford Loans. In addition, VSAC sponsors a non-degree grant program for eligible students. Read more about financial aid.

What are course sequences or certificates? How can these programs help in my career?

Course sequences or certificates give you the opportunity to complete a concentrated series of courses in a specific field. They offer a good way to transition to a new career path or acquire specific training that can result in professional advancement. Courses in a sequence or certificate can often be applied toward a UVM degree program.

How will I fit in as an adult student at UVM?

You won’t be alone. More than 1,500 adult and part-time students enroll in classes at UVM.  All students have access to a wide range of campus and student services. See http://reslife.uvm.edu/ for more information.

Where do I find out about safety on campus?

The Annual Public Safety Report and Fire Safety Report (Clery) provide information on campus safety and fire safety policies, practices, and programs, as well as information on crime and fire statistics. You can find these reports at http://www.uvm.edu/police/?Page=reports/clery/index.html.

I registered for a course. Will I receive confirmation that my registration has been received?

If you are a new student to UVM (haven’t enrolled in a course in the last 10 years), you will receive a welcome postcard. If you are a returning student, you will receive a welcome via your UVM email account. These messages contain information that’s important to read before attending your first class.

I am enrolled in a course, but I have to withdraw or drop the course. What should I do?

You can withdraw from a course by following the detailed instructions on the Registrar’s website found here: https://www.uvm.edu/registrar/online-withdrawal-policy.

You can live chat us, or call 800-639-3210 or 802-656-2085 with questions.

How do I get my grade?

Grades are posted online at http://registrar.uvm.edu.

How can I get my UVM transcript?

Go to http://registrar.uvm.edu/transcripts.html to learn how to request a transcript.