The Pint is Half Full.
As of September 2015, the U.S. surpassed 4,000 breweries, the first time the United States has crossed this barrier since 1873. In late 2016 the Brewers Association reported 5,005 breweries with another 2,000+ breweries in planning.
Meanwhile Vermont plays a special role in the craft industry: it ranks number one in the nation for the most breweries per capita, and is recognized for playing a major leadership role with several top-ranked breweries. This makes UVM’s certificate program the perfect place to launch your career in the craft beer industry.
If you are thinking about a career in the craft beer industry, now is the time.
The Business of Craft Beer Certificate Program was developed in collaboration with the Vermont Brewers Association to provide you with industry specific knowledge directly from craft beer experts across the country.
- Seek a career change into craft beer sales, marketing or operations?
- Plan to open your own brewery and need support to make it a reality?
“Think small, think micro-markets. The key to success in the 2016 market is being able to stand out by brewing flavorful ale and lager for your local market. Passion and authenticity is paramount.”
John Carlson, Executive Director, Colorado Brewers Guild
- Learn from those who have the career you want. All instructors and guest speakers currently work in their respective industry, and some even live, drink, and breathe craft beer.
- You can keep your day job. All required classes and discussions are offered online and in the evening to accommodate busy schedules.
- Get your foot in the door. An optional apprenticeship and career coach is the perfect way to top off your certificate, and may be just the ticket to launch your new career in craft beer.
“The UVM Business of Craft Beer Program made national headlines in a 2016 story highlighting the need for high-level knowledge in the competitive craft beer industry.”
- From the Chicago Tribune. Read full story
“I’ve really enjoyed the course a lot and have actually been able to translate a lot of what I learn into my new job as a Sales Representative for Mayflower Brewing Company! Loving the journey so far and I am so happy to be in the business!”
- Matthew K. (Business of Craft Beer Program Graduate)
Mayflower Brewing Company, Sales Representative