The Business of Craft Beer
Earn Your Certificate and Launch Your Career
Have you dreamed about opening your own brewery, leaving your office cubicle to join the craft beer industry as a sales, marketing, or operations professional? Or perhaps you are working in the craft beer industry now, and you’re seeking an opportunity to hone your skills and bring your business to the next level. If this sounds familiar, the University of Vermont has a certificate program for you. Our Business of Craft Beer Professional Certificate is fully online and offers courses that provide you with the essential business skills needed to launch a successful career in the craft beer industry. The Craft Beer certificate program is comprised of 2 online courses, 10-weeks each, optional career coaching services, and a culminating capstone project. Students may also elect to take individual courses without enrolling in the full certificate program. See our program curriculum for details.
As the craft beer industry becomes increasingly competitive, our faculty and instructors know the key to successfully launching and running a brewery is to build from a solid business and operational foundation. We’ve designed the program to provide you with the skillset to have a competitive edge in the industry.
Why the University of Vermont?
Situated in the heart of Vermont’s thriving craft beer community, UVM offers a Business of Craft Beer program taught by industry professionals and experts who’ve excelled in the craft beer industry through a variety of roles including founding breweries, managing distribution centers, leading sales teams, and running operations. Throughout your courses, you will benefit from their perspectives and first-hand experience as they support you in your learning through the program. The Business of Craft Beer Certificate at UVM allows you to:
- Experience a Unique Educational Opportunity: As one of the few programs in the country that focuses on running and growing a craft beer business, you’ll have an opportunity to set yourself apart in the field.
- Take Advantage of Fully Online Courses: Flexible online courses allow you to balance your career, family and other obligations and still take courses or work toward your Business of Craft Beer certificate.
- Learn from Industry Experts: All of our instructors are industry professionals who’ve been successful in the craft beer industry.
- Gain Real World Knowledge: The interactive online courses utilize real world case scenarios supported by top experts which provides a valuable way to understand the common challenges and opportunities that you will face when successfully navigating the craft beer industry.
- Choose Your Path: Whether you are hoping to learn the business of craft beer with a focus in operations, or become a craft beer sales and marketing guru, you will find the courses that suit your needs.
- Expand Your Network: The certificate and courses are a great way to network and synergize with other entrepreneurial minded professionals who are passionate about the craft beer industry.