The goal of this study abroad travel is to gain a greater knowledge and understanding of the Resistance movement in the Vercors region of France. During this study abroad program we will visit extensive sites of the Vercors, museum “musée de la resistance in Vassieux and the Memorial museum. There will be a lot of hiking to various Resistance site. Students will visit a famous cave “Grotte de la Luire” of the Resistance.
Application Deadline: March 13, 2018
- Wednesday February 28th, 2018
- 4pm - 5pm
- Waterman 419
France: Visit of the Vercors Region in WWII
- Course Location:
- Program Dates:
- Summer 2018
Travel Dates: 6/3/2018 - 6/15/2018
- Non-Majors FREN 095 - 3 Credits; Majors/Minors FREN 195 - 3 Credits
- Marielle Aunave Contact for more information.
- The program fee is $1,617, airfare, books, meals (email instructor for clarification of meal expense), and tuition are additional. For information on the 30% discount on tuition this Summer, please visit Student Financial Services. Students are responsible for obtaining the appropriate vaccinations, including any associated costs. At the time you are admitted, you will be required to submit a $500 non-refundable deposit.
- French 051 and French 052. Please contact the instructor for further consideration.