A hands-on exploration of the unique biodiversity found in the tropical Andes and the Galapagos Islands. Students will contemplate ideas of how this great diversity came to be and learn about current conversation efforts in place that aim to protect this diversity
Travel Study Costs and Fees
Program Fee: $3,125*
Your UVM student account will automatically be charged the $500 non-refundable deposit fee at the time you are admitted to the travel program. When admitted, you agree to formally register for the course as soon as registration is available through myUVM and acknowledge responsibility for all course-related tuition and fees on their student account. For more information about payment policies and procedures, view the Travel Study Payment Policy.
A $500 non-refundable deposit is due at the time you are admitted to the program.
- In-country transportation
- Student housing accommodations
- Cultural activities and excursions arranged by the lead instructor
- 6-day all-inclusive package to Galapagos
- College tuition and fees**, see UVM Student Financial Services
- Airfare, estimated cost $1,600
- Cancel for any reason flight insurance (strongly encouraged)
- Baggage fees
- Vaccinations and any associated costs
- Books and materials
- Passport fees
- Personal and entertainment expenses
- Optional excursions
- Anything not specified as included in the program
*Trip cost subject to change due to unanticipated changes.
**Travel Study courses are regarded as normal UVM courses and as such, normal tuition and fees apply.
For more information:
Please contact the instructor if you have questions about the course content:
Visit the U.S. Department of State website for information regarding country health, safety risks, and laws for Ecuador.