Our days spent at the zoo will be a perfect mix of hands-on work and discussions with zoo employees, veterinarians, and para-professionals. We will be doing a fair deal of zookeeping, short coursework (designed to augment our time with the animals), and prepare presentations on the animals we are working with.. When we are done, we will have a huge variety of new skills and experiences to add to our “resume list”. We will also travel to the Cornell University Veterinary College and the Cornell Lab of ornithology (both in Ithaca, NY,). All this education, in a fast paced fun environment, while earning 3 credits!
Travel Study Costs and Fees
Program Fee: $1,388*
If you are admitted to the course, you will receive an email asking you to accept or decline the spot. To accept your spot, you are required to fill out the commitment deposit form and submit a $500 non-refundable deposit within 48 hours. For more information about payment policies and procedures, view the Travel Study Payment Policy.
- Transportation to and from New York from Burlington, VT
- Student housing accommodations
- Cultural activities and excursions arranged by the lead instructor
- College tuition and fees**, see UVM Student Financial Services
- Books and materials
- Personal and entertainment expenses
- Optional excursions
- Anything not specified as included in the program
*Trip cost subject to change due to unanticipated changes.
**Travel Study courses are regarded as normal UVM courses and as such, normal tuition and fees apply.