English Department Course Page
Join us in London to study British drama and literature. We will see several plays and read literature set in London. We will visit the reconstructed Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre, a range of 19th and early 20th century playhouses, and the latest theatrical venues in London. Our exploration of London will also include visits to museums and places that have been represented in London literature. Our goal will be to study the intersections between theatrical and literary London and the London we will be visiting. The London play schedule hasn’t been released yet, so the plays we will be seeing have yet to be determined.
See plays at Shakespeare’s Globe and other iconic London theatres
Visit Stonehenge and explore Neolithic life
Take a day trip to Bath and walk in Jane Austen’s footsteps
Explore the Tower of London
Walk Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde’s London
This course will include two weeks (and three weekends) in London.
Travel Study Costs and Fees
Program Fee: $2,707*
If you are admitted to the course, you will receive an email asking you to accept or decline the spot. To accept your spot, you are required to fill out the commitment deposit form and submit a $500 non-refundable deposit within 48 hours. For more information about payment policies and procedures, view the Travel Study Payment Policy.
- In-country transportation
- Oyster card with unlimited rides on the London underground and bus system
- Student housing accommodations
- 16 nights in a central London flat, with kitchen and laundry
- Cultural activities and excursions arranged by the lead instructor
- Tickets to five plays
- Day trip to Stonehenge and Bath
- Admission to Tower of London, the Roman Baths, Stonehenge
- Group meals
- College tuition and fees**, see UVM Student Financial Services
- Airfare, estimated cost $1,390
- Cancel for any reason flight insurance (strongly encouraged)
- Baggage fees
- Books and materials
- Passport fees
- Transportation from airport to housing, estimated cost $60
- Individual meals, estimated cost $400
- Anything not specified as included in the program
*Trip cost subject to change due to unanticipated changes.
**Travel Study courses are regarded as normal UVM courses and as such, normal tuition and fees apply.
Visit the U.S. Department of State website for information regarding country health, safety risks, and laws for the United Kingdom.