This course is a full immersion, practical experience where participants will have the opportunity to learn alongside a veteran classroom teacher, in a fully inclusive elementary school. Emersons Green Primary School in Bristol, England was built backwards design to include all children in the community, even those with the most complex needs. Participants in this course will develop a collaborative action project to be completed in the school during our trip. While the bulk of this experience will take place in the town of Emersons Green, there will be time for exploring the historic towns of Bristol as well as London.
Travel Study Costs and Fees
Program Fee: $1,225*
If you are admitted to the course, you will receive an email asking you to accept or decline the spot. To accept your spot, you are required to fill out the commitment deposit form and submit a $500 non-refundable deposit within 48 hours. For more information about payment policies and procedures, view the Travel Study Payment Policy.
- In-country transportation
- Student housing accommodations
- Cultural activities and excursions arranged by the lead instructor
- Supplies and materials
- College tuition and fees**, see UVM Student Financial Services
- Airfare, estimated cost $560
- Cancel for any reason flight insurance (strongly encouraged)
- Baggage fees
- Vaccinations and any associated costs
- Passport fees
- Personal and entertainment expenses
- Optional excursions
- Anything not specified as included in the program
*Trip cost subject to change due to unanticipated changes.
**Travel Study courses are regarded as normal UVM courses and as such, normal tuition and fees apply.