A hands-on exploration of the unique biodiversity found in the tropical Andes and the Galapagos Islands. Students will contemplate ideas of how this great diversity came to be and learn about current conversation efforts in place that aim to protect this diversity.
Travel Study Costs and Fees
Program Fee: $3,075*
If you are admitted to the course, you will receive an email asking you to accept or decline the spot. To accept your spot, you are required to fill out the commitment deposit form and submit a $500 non-refundable deposit within 48 hours. For more information about payment policies and procedures, view the Travel Study Payment Policy.
- In-country transportation
- Student housing accommodations
- Cultural activities and excursions arranged by the lead instructor
- Supplies and materials
- College tuition and fees**, see UVM Student Financial Services
- Airfare, estimated cost $1,620
- Cancel for any reason flight insurance (strongly encouraged)
- Baggage fees
- Vaccinations and any associated costs
- Books and materials
- Passport fees
- Personal and entertainment expenses
- Optional excursions
- Anything not specified as included in the program
*Trip cost subject to change due to unanticipated changes.
**Travel Study courses are regarded as normal UVM courses and as such, normal tuition and fees apply.
For more information:
Please contact the instructor if you have questions about the course content:
Visit the U.S. Department of State website for information regarding country health, safety risks, and laws for Ecuador.