Instructors: Krista Park
Start Date: TBD
Wondering which metrics are the ‘important’ ones? Not sure how to explain the data you are seeing, or how to take next steps with it? Do you have trouble deciphering whether or not a marketing campaign really worked?
Increase your knowledge and usage of marketing analytics, particularly Google Analytics, with subject matter experts currently in the field. Building on Academy for Ads and supplemental content, UVM offers a deeper dive into marketing analytics and data through a series of instructor-guided weekly sessions offered fully online for four weeks. Your Instructor will provide supplemental readings, assignments to apply strategies, personal insight into the field, discussions, and feedback to help you create an analytical foundation applicable to many roles and fields.
Who Should Enroll:
- Digital Marketers looking to deepen their understanding of how to identify and use data to support their campaign planning and performance
- Analysts who want to leverage data as a way to better understand how their website is being used, by whom, and in what ways for better reporting
- Business professionals who want to create connections between offline and online data for a whole-world view of their business
- Individuals who wish to enhance their analytics knowledge by delving deeper into basic (and some more comprehensive) data functions, featuring Google Analytics, but applicable across multiple analytics platforms
What You Will Learn:
- How to identify key performance indicators, select the accompanying metrics, and understand influencing data impacts
- Mapping data to key performance indicators, strategies, and objectives
- Identification of ancillary factors impacting your data set
- How to work with trends to identify patterns versus standard fluctuations
- Data combinations for more robust outputs (e.g. segments, filters, dimensions, custom views)
- Presenting data in understandable and consumable formats
- Data presentation structures – report types, frequency, update methods (manual, automated)
- Creating actionable insights for business decision-making
- Developing baselines and projections
What You Will Receive:
- Access to the Analytics course materials (videos, readings, workbooks)
- Weekly instructor presentation to review previous material, and introduce and explain new material
- Discussion board for weekly assignments, along with peer and instructor support
- Access to supplementary reading and training materials
- Bonus Module: More Marketable You
- Digital badge to easily highlight and communicate your expertise
This is a 4-week course to increase your familiarity with, and usage of, marketing analytics, particularly Google Analytics.
- Key Performance Indicators, Contextual Metrics, and Data Mapping
- Evaluating Data for Patterns and Anomalies
- Baselines, Benchmarks, and Forecasting
- Data Presentation Structures and Methods
- Creating Actionable Insights for Decision Making
There will be a final project, occurring in Module 4, that will be a culmination of all module assignments, including objectives learned in Module 4.