Instructor: Joshua Lance
Start Date: Summer 2021
You know what you want to brew. What business structure will best fit your concept and needs?
There are a variety of ways to structure your start-up brewery, from partnerships and B corporations to contract brewing. You will explore the legal and monetary obligations, typical cash inflows and outflows, sample financial statement designs, and tax obligations for each model to help you choose the model that is right for you.
By the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Articulate the key characteristics of the following business models/structures: sole proprietorship, partnership, LLC, S Corp, cooperatives, B corporations, not-for-profit public houses, contract brewing, and blending houses
- Determine the appropriate business model/structure to best fit the situation
- Identify legal, monetary, and tax obligations
- Create financial statements for the related model/structure
- Breweries in planning; specific roles TBD