This 4-week, fully online UVM Beer School course will introduce strategies for raising capital to start a brewery.
Topics will include advanced structure of financing via debt versus equity, the legal and tax requirements of each method, a cost benefit analysis of each, sample term sheets for various structures, and reporting requirements.
Each week’s lessons will feature guest speakers, including attorneys, bankers, brewery owners, and investors. The main objective of this class is to present, in detail, a number of the financing options for your startup brewery to allow you to choose the model that will fit your concept and needs best.
What you will learn
By the end of the course, participants will:
- Understand different types of debt instruments
- Understand different types of equity instruments
- Compare and contrast financing options
- Discuss the effect of corporate structure on financing choices
- Know how to calculate for your business metrics that are commonly used by financiers to assess potential investments
Who should attend this Program
- Beverage manufacturers in planning, or those who are planning a significant expansion of an existing organization
- Founders, Accounting managers, Controllers or CFOs within the alcohol beverage space
- Because the course covers advanced topics, a basic understanding of accounting and/or finance is helpful
- Basic understanding of legal terms and corporate structures is also helpful
Duration: 4 Weeks
Learning Format: Online
Weekly Time Commitment: 5-7 hours