Apply online using the Common Application available through UVM Admissions. Admission decisions are made from January 1 through August 1.
New Students Applying
Helpful information for applying:
- Go to Undergraduate Admissions website
- Click on the “Transfer Applicants” tab
- There may be a note on the Transfer Applicants tab saying “Due to extremely high demand for admission to our professional nursing program, there will be very few, if any, transfer admissions offered”. This applies to the traditional four-year program, not to the RN to B.S. Program
- Complete the “Transfer Common Application” online
- SATs are not required
- A resume may replace questions about extra-curricular activities and work experience
- Official transcripts (including high school and any colleges attended) must be sent to the UVM Admissions office.
- Applicants may check their application status at any time by returning to the UVM admissions website and logging in.
- It the applicant’s responsibility to ensure transcripts have arrived and the application is complete. Admissions will not review any applications until all application materials have arrived and will not notify students that an application is incomplete.
- For a detailed video on the completing the online application see: https://youtu.be/l_6D6VnT9xc
Transcripts, the letter of recommendation, and resume should be sent to:
University of Vermont
Office of Admissions
194 South Prospect Street
Burlington, VT 05401-3596
If you were previously a degree student at UVM:
- Contact us to let us know you will be seeking admission to the program so we know to watch for your forms
- Contact your previous college department and request instructions on accessing a “re-entry” form
- Complete and submit the form, be sure to note that you are requesting re-entry for the RN-BS Nursing Program
- If you were not previously a student in the College of Nursing and Health Sciences, once re-admitted submit this form requesting to transfer to the College of Nursing and Health Sciences and the RN to BS Program
- Request a letter of recommendation to be emailed to Kristen Cella (Kristen.Cella@med.uvm.edu). Please note: The letter must be written in the body of an email sent directly from the person who wrote it (not as an attachment or forward).
- Request official copies of all non-UVM transcripts (nursing degree program and others) to be sent to: TheUniversity of Vermont College of Nursing and Health Sciences Office of Student Services, 002 Rowell Building, 106 Carrigan Drive, Burlington, VT 05405
- The Office of Student Services in the College of Nursing & Health Sciences will notify you when a decision has been made regarding your application.