Who Should Apply?
Our graduate-level program is open to anyone with a bachelor’s degree.
It is designed for:
- Medical and graduate students in health, nursing, and environmental sciences
- Healthcare practitioners trained in medicine, nursing, or other healthcare professions
- Non-clinical professionals working in public health, healthcare, government, and non-profit agencies
- July 1 for Fall
- Currently rolling admissions for Spring
- April 1 for Summer
To be considered for admission, you will need:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- One semester of college biology or other science course
- One semester of college algebra, statistics, or a more advanced math course
- Résumé or CV
- Three letters of recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- International Students: Please click here for more information
- GRE is not required
All applications must be completed online through The University of Vermont Graduate College.
Three Ways to Apply
- APPLICANTS TO CERTIFICATE OF GRADUATE STUDY PROGRAMS ONLY:
Applicants seeking to enroll only in a Certificate of Graduate Study Program (and not to a graduate degree program) should follow regular online procedures for applying to the UVM Graduate College, described in the Graduate College Application Instructions.
- DUAL GRADUATE DEGREE / CERTIFICATE PROGRAM APPLICANTS:
Applicants who are applying at the same time for both a regular graduate degree program and also for a Certificate of Graduate Study at UVM should follow regular procedures for applying to the UVM Graduate College; see the Graduate College Application Instructions.
- CURRENT UVM DEGREE PROGRAM STUDENTS:
Students who are currently admitted and enrolled in master’s or doctoral degree programs at UVM who wish to apply for a Certificate of Graduate Study should complete the single-page Certificate of Graduate Study Short Form Application. In addition to the Short Form, you must also submit a brief statement explaining why you are interested in the Certificate program(s).
Students can transfer up to 3 credits of relevant UVM graduate coursework taken prior to matriculation into the Certificate of Graduate Study in Public Health, provided the grade received is a B or higher. The program director will determine whether the course is relevant. The grade will not transfer.