Advancing Health through Education: Innovative. Accessible. Worldwide.
The program’s mission is to prepare skilled and versatile graduates dedicated to improving public health through practice, research, education, and leadership.
The goals that describe strategies to accomplish the defined mission include:
- Ensure graduates are prepared for public health practice
- Cultivate a scholarly program environment through active faculty research, scientific inquiry and scholarly endeavors
- Encourage student scientific inquiry
- Students gain a strong foundation in quantitative health sciences applicable to research and evidence-based health practices
- Increase access to public health education through quality online learning
- Develop a learning environment that promotes diversity, inclusion, and cultural competence
- Promote life-long learning
- Foundation of diversity, inclusion, and equity
- Innovation in education
- Grounding in evidence-based public health
- Interdisciplinary learning and practice
- A culture of lifelong learning