A successful project is one that meets the desired results, is on time, and within budget.
Project Management is one of the most important skills needed in today’s fast-paced business environment as well as one of the business world’s most in-demand skill sets. It’s also among the fastest-growing professional disciplines in North America. According to the U.S. Department of Labor Bureau of Labor Statistics:
- Four out of five organizations are struggling to find project managers to fill openings
- Within the next 10 years, a projected 1.57 million new jobs will be created in project management
- The median salary for project managers in the U.S. is $100,000.
Ideal for those with 1-5 years of project management experience, this 14-hour course provides an extensive look at the fundamentals of project management and emphasizes project management best practices within the organizational, cultural, and economic environment of today’s business world.
Through instruction, dialog and real-world examples and exercises, attendees will be able to:
- Prepare a Project Charter
- Conduct a stakeholder analysis
- Create a work breakdown structure
- Develop a project schedule
- Create a risk register
- Prepare a communications plan
- Manage project changes and risk events
- Integrate the basic functions of project management throughout a project life cycle
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course will benefit:
- project managers with limited experience
- project team members
- functional managers
- and any individuals involved with the planning, implementation, and control of projects.