Project Management Professional Certificate
A successful project is one that meets the desired results, is on time, and within budget.
Project Management is one of the most important skills needed in today’s fast-paced business environment as well as one of the business world’s most in-demand skill sets. It’s also among the fastest-growing professional disciplines in North America. According to the U.S. Department of Labor Bureau of Labor Statistics:
- Four out of five organizations are struggling to find project managers to fill openings
- Within the next 10 years, a projected 1.57 million new jobs will be created in project management
- The median salary for project managers in the U.S. is $100,000.
Working closely with the Project Management Institute Champlain Valley Chapter, UVM’s interactive, case-based Project Management Professional Certificate provides the tools and techniques to improve the approaches and outcomes of project managers.
Designed for anyone who manages projects (experienced or those without formal training), team leaders, or anyone involved in initiating, planning, executing, or facilitating projects, participants will explore and experiment with the tools and best practices of formal project management training over five, day-long, interactive seminars.
After completing this series of seminars, participants will:
- Have an immediate positive impact on existing projects and workplace processes
- Improve communications between all stakeholders
- Develop techniques to effectively manage change
- Learn how to implement effective processes and manage change
- Improve their ability to lead and manage teams
- Develop an advanced set of tools to plan all aspect of a project
- Become better prepared to recognize and communicate project risk and manage difficult projects.
- Document lessons learned from a project and formally close it
- Utilize tools effectively to monitor project progress and present out on the project status
- Implement effective processes for initiating, planning, executing, controlling, and closing successful projects
- Develop a network of peers outside your organization to support you in your efforts as a project manager
- Learn to plan and scope projects that stay on time and on budget to better launch products, process innovations, and other growth initiatives
Spring 2019 is also open for registration!
Spring 2019: REGISTER