What is the time commitment for the certificate?
Approximately 3 – 5 hours a week.
When will the Live Sessions/Synchronous be held?
The live sessions will be held each week of class for one hour on Tuesdays 6-7 pm ET. Students must come to each session with homework complete and prepared for role-playing. Attendance at all live sessions is required. Note: There is a one-week break between Course 1 and Course 2.
Is this program for me? If you any of these below sound like you, then yes, this program is for you.
- if you are seeking to reduce stress and frustrated because you’re on a project that is out of control or not going anywhere
- responsible for delivering something important but not sure what to do
- you are someone who knows what needs to be done but keeps running into roadblocks
- you are seeking to add concrete evidence of Project Management skills to your resume
- curious about Project Management and wants to decide whether to pursue it as a career or to get a Project Management Institute (PMI) certification
- you are comfortable participating in class, has at least 1-2 years’ work experience, and familiar with typical office tools like Excel, Word etc.
Do I need a degree to take this program?
No, no college degree is required.
Are materials included? If yes, how are they distributed?
Yes, all certificate/seminar materials are included and will be available in Blackboard/Teams.
Is this program accredited?
No. Upon successful completion, program participants earn a UVM Digital Badge in the Certificate in Project Management Practices, and you will be able to download a certificate of completion.
Is this a graduate level program?
This is a professional certificate program; it is not a graduate level program. No undergraduate degree is required to participate in the program. Some of our participants have more advanced degrees.
Why should I attend this program over others?
The program is taught by a leading subject matter expert in her field. It is designed for working professionals to minimize time away from work and family. The information you will learn can be applied immediately in your workplace, and help you better manage your organization.
Who is this program designed to serve?
- Anyone who manages projects and has had no formal project management training
- Experienced project managers who wish to stay current or refresh their skills
- Beginning project managers and project team members
- Individuals involved with initiating, planning, executing and facilitating projects
- Team leaders, project and program leaders, functional and operations managers
Is this program geared toward PMP certification?
It is not geared to PMP certification. It aligns fully with PMI concepts and PMBOK 6 and 7th edition, but it is intended for people looking to use PM on the job, not to take a test.
Do you offer Professional Development Units (PDUs) for this program?
Class 1: 4 Technical and 2 Leadership
Class 2: 3 Technical and 3 Leadership
PDUs can apply towards the PMP certification.
Professional Development Units (PDUs) are one-hour blocks of time that you spend learning, teaching others, or volunteering. By accumulating and tracking these over your certification cycle you can maintain your certification status with PMI. 35 contact hours/PDUs is the minimum number of hours required to meet PMI’s educational component of the PMP certification criteria.
PDUs are broken into two categories — Education and Giving Back to the Profession.
- Education PDUs can be earned at professional seminars, webinars, classes, or even self-directed learning.
- Giving Back PDUs are for time spent volunteering, mentoring, working with professional groups, and more.
Who do I contact if I am unable to attend a seminar?
If you cannot make the seminar, please send an email to the instructor Kathleen Culver (Kathleen.Culver@uvm.edu) and cc: Annie Bentley at Annie.Bentley@uvm.edu to let us know.
Is Federal or Institutional Financial Aid available? Also, is tuition remission available for UVM employees?
While this non-credit Certificate does not qualify for federal student grants or loans or University of Vermont scholarships, depending on your home state, this program may qualify for workforce development grants. Contact your State Department of Labor to determine which grants may support individuals seeking education to pursue opportunities for career change.
The Vermont Legislature designates a certain amount of grant money every year for Vermont residents who want to pursue education or training beyond high school. These grants are administered through VSAC, and are distributed based on financial need.
Can I enroll in this Certificate if I am an out-of-state or international student? Does the tuition rate differ if I am an out-of-state or international student?
Yes! Anyone may enroll in the certificate and does not differ based on a student’s residency.
Are payment plans available?
No formal payment plans are currently available for this program, tuition must be paid in full prior to beginning the program. You have the option of paying in full, or by making a minimum payment of $500 at registration, however, ensuring the balance due is two weeks prior to the start of the offering.
What is the payment policy for this program?
Students interested in the Certificate in Project Management Practices may register by paying in full online via credit card or by calling us at 802-656-8407 to make a partial payment of $500. Should you make a partial payment, the remaining balance must be paid in full no later than two weeks prior to the start of this offering. If payment is not received by then, you will automatically be dropped from the course the following business day. Refunds will be issued less a $25.00 cancellation fee.
What is the refund policy for this program?
If you need to cancel your attendance, you must notify us via email at email@example.com or call us at (802) 656-2085 at least three business days prior to the start date of the course to receive a full refund, less a $25 cancellation fee. If a medical condition necessitates cancellation/withdrawal (documentation provided), this will be reviewed by our Studies Committee for any type of refund.
Do you offer student learning accommodations?
If you are a non-credit student seeking accessibility support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and the UVM Student Accessibility Services team will be able to assist. In your email, please include that you do not have a 95 number/NetID.
- Have questions about taking an online or distance education course? Visit the Online and Distance Education FAQ page
- Have more basic questions about Professional and Distance Education? Visit our About Us and FAQs pages.
Will I receive a 1098-T for this program?
1098-T forms are not issued for this program. However, you may be eligible for a tax credit without this form if you meet IRS requirements.