Conflict and Negotiation: Creating Long-Term Success
|Date:||January 26, 2018|
|Time:||8:30 am – 4:30 pm|
|Discount:||20% discount for PMI-Champlain Valley, VBSR Member, LCRCC or UVM and UVM Medical Center Affiliates|
|Location:||Trader Duke’s Hotel VT. Participants should ask for the UVM Corporate room rate. Google Map of Hotel|
Effective Negotiations provides a solid understanding of negotiating; a systematic process so you know what to do, how to do it, and why; as well as tools to keep you on track for all future negotiations. We are in negotiation activities constantly in our careers and in daily life. The outcome depends greatly on our understanding of the negotiation and communication process.
The objectives of this seminar are to develop negotiation skills experientially and to learn useful analytical frameworks for understanding negotiations. Emphasis is placed on realistic negotiation exercises and role playing. The exercises serve as catalysts for the evaluation and discussion of different types of negotiation situations.
- Know when to cooperate and when to compete in negotiations.
- Realize better outcomes and close stronger deals.
- Utilize essential analytical elements to focus your efforts and prepare successfully.
- Gain a new sense of confidence when negotiating.
- Enhance your ability to think rationally through a negotiation situation.
- Learn how to overcome barriers to making optimal decisions.
- Prepare effectively for a negotiation by learning skills that create buy-in.
- Gain valuable tactics to move through a negotiation with integrity and effectiveness.