Date: October 22, 2021
Instructor: David Jones, Ph.D.
Great leaders do not rely on a single approach to manage all people in every situation in the same ways, nor do they wield the same set of tools to fix every problem. Instead, effective leaders are thoughtful and intentional about what they do—and what they don’t do—as they adapt to the challenges and opportunities that arise when leading different people in different situations.
The purpose of this session is to expand your leadership toolkit by learning evidenced-based principles to inform practices you might already use, develop new skills, and lead with intention to enable and empower others to succeed. You will learn specific frameworks and tools associated with different leadership styles to, for example, earn people’s trust, diagnose the underlying causes of performance problems, incentivize goal-directed behavior without relying solely on monetary rewards, identify when you should and should not use different forms of employee involvement, communicate to manage perceptions of fairness, and empower high achievers and others to succeed.
Distinguishing this session from other leadership seminars is its grounding in evidence-based management: Behind the principles and frameworks presented in this session are large bodies of rigorous empirical studies that inform an understanding of the contexts in which certain leadership styles and practices are more or less effective. Key concepts are packaged in frameworks that are relatively easy to understand and apply, and can be mastered by leaders who are intentional about practicing and continuous self-improvement.
People who complete this seminar will:
- Learn principles and frameworks to inform leadership practices that promote performance, commitment, and retention
- Understand how leaders can earn people’s trust to enable the effective use of nearly all leadership and motivation practices
- Identify which of 4 leadership styles are suited to the context, objectives, and what people need from you to succeed
- Apply each leadership style and its associated tools
Date: November 5, 2021
Instructor: Karen Martinsen Fleming
Time: 8:30am – 4:30pm (with breaks)
The function of marketing is to generate demand for an organization’s offerings. Effective marketing is therefore vital to every organization’s long term success, but many organizations struggle with how to plan, execute and measure their marketing efforts. In this seminar, you will learn a practical step by step process proven to generate effective and efficient marketing results for organizations of all types, sizes, and industries.
- Understand the role of marketing in the organization
- Learn a practical, step by step process proven to generate effective and efficient marketing results including:
- Aligning your marketing with your organization’s mission and objectives
- Situational analyses critical to your marketing planning
- How to set measurable marketing objectives
- The four primary marketing strategies
- Target market selection and needs identification
- Brand positioning and brand management
- The “four Ps” of marketing: product, price, place, promotion
- Marketing promotion, including advertising and social media
- How to establish a marketing budget and measure marketing return on investment
This interactive seminar includes presentations, discussions, and case studies from a wide range of firms and industries and is taught by an accomplished marketer with extensive teaching experience. You are encouraged to bring marketing ideas, questions, and challenges from your organization for discussion and refinement.
Date: November 12, 2021
Instructor: James “Jim” Martin
Success in sales doesn’t happen accidentally. Nor does it occur because a person is born a true salesperson. Sales success occurs when salespeople and sales leaders cultivate a coherent sales strategy and sales process, then deliver results by building selling skills and applying them effectively in the marketplace.
The successful sales leader understands that everything begins with a strategy. They have a clear understanding and commitment to defining their addressable market with products and programs their customers need and want. They create value by delivering customer solutions in a way that differentiates themselves and their companies from the competition.
The successful sales leader builds a sustainable sales process to support their strategy. The sales process acts as a chauffeur, escorting the customer from initial engagement, through the purchase decision, and on to customer satisfaction and validation. It allows all stakeholders on the sales team to understand where each customer resides in the process at any point in time and supports efficient management of the sales pipeline.
Execution of each step in the sales process depends on the sales team developing and applying the proper selling skills in an effective way. It requires a continuous feedback loop that enables the salesperson and sales team to refine their solutions and customer offer to maximize mutual value. It requires an organizational culture that values the customer as a true partner.
In this course you will:
- Learn the building blocks of establishing a solid sales strategy
- Understand and construct a sales process template
- Learn the core elements of the customer interaction
- Create a sustainable success model for after the sale
This course will be highly interactive with discussion and real-world examples designed to illustrate the importance of the concepts. Students are encouraged to bring relevant experiences and current situations to the group to assist in building shared knowledge.
Date: November 19, 2021
Instructor: Glenn Walburg
Today we have access to more information than ever before, but how do you use the information you have to make the best decision? You probably realize the information is valuable but have no idea how to take advantage of it to make more profitable decisions.
You will learn the steps to analyzing business data, which will help you optimize current operations and determine the outcomes of your decisions. This course will give you the tools to make better decisions, use more information, and have better support for the decisions you make.
- Product/service pricing (primary and secondary products/services)
- Financing decisions
- Cash flows
- /cash hoards
- Present value concepts
- Cost structure
This interactive seminar uses case studies and small-group discussions.
- Achieve stronger customer loyalty and satisfaction are the cornerstones of every great private and public sector organization. Learn how you can create a customer service culture of excellence that every single team member strives to achieve.
Date: December 3, 2021
Instructor: Shelly Masson
Today, more than ever, we need courageous leaders who empower others to reach heights they never thought possible.
We need our leaders to expand their capabilities and move outside of the transactional space and into a transformational space that focuses on long-term solutions rather than short-term gains.
Transformation doesn’t just happen; we need to make it happen. As transformational leaders, we need to practice and model continual growth and development as well as establish conditions to allow our people to do the same.
The transformational leader creates an environment of trust, collaboration, and vulnerability. These conditions allow them and their teams to learn, grow, and innovate. In this highly experiential and engaging course, you will explore the 10 Foundational Elements of Intentional Transformation framework. You will take a deep look within and develop a roadmap of transformational strategies you can implement in your leadership and organization.
In this course you will:
- Develop a roadmap to becoming the best leader you can be
- Learn to lead yourself and others more effectively
- Understand how to motivate people to buy into and deliver your vision
- Build strong and trusting relationships with those you lead
- Identify ways to leverage change and create transformation
Date: December 10, 2021
Instructor: Bob Anderson
Cost: $599 (course + $100 EQ Assessment)
Strengthen Your EQ and Develop Social Awareness for Improved Performance
Technical know-how, subject expertise, and IQ only get you so far in business today. Emotional Intelligence, or EQ, is the ability to manage your emotions and connect with others. This ability is critical in our culturally diverse, dispersed, fast-paced, global workplaces.
EQ: The Art & Science of Emotional Intelligence
This course focuses on both the art and science of emotional intelligence. Participants will learn the latest research and scientific advances in the area. Participants will also practice techniques used by actors to engage in active listening, connect to an audience, connect to their own emotions, and de-stress before a big event.
EQ: Just because you understand it does not mean you do it.
Most leaders intellectually understand the concept of Emotional Intelligence. They believe the idea and theory that they can become better leaders, parents, spouses, and friends by working intentionally to develop their EQ. However, many struggle to take what they intellectually understand about Emotional Intelligence and to translate that knowledge into new behaviors. This, therefore, is the knowing-doing gap.
In this is highly interactive course, Bob Anderson, M.Ed., CEO of 1Hero Sports, LLC will present the proven tools, strategies, and techniques he has used to assist thousands of C-Level executives and thousands of additional key employees (everyone) to move from an intellectual understanding of EQ to adopting and practicing new EQ behaviors that significantly increase their effectiveness and that enhance their life.
- The difference between IQ and EQ and why EQ is a better predictor of success
- How EQ is assessed and tested
- The brain’s role in emotional functioning and how to “re-wire” the brain
- How to lead people of varying demographics (cultural intelligence)
- How to inspire and motivate rigid employees, family members, and friends
- How to improve their health via proper emotional functioning/intelligence
- Participants will depart the session with a clear understanding of the implications of pursuing EQ development in their professional and personal life