Pre-Master of Accountancy
Does your future include a Master of Accountancy (MAcc)? Begin working toward your future today by enrolling in one of UVM’s Pre-MAcc courses. Each of the courses in our Pre-MAcc Sequence is a prerequisite for UVM’s Master of Accountancy Program. Completion of these courses is required before you can enroll in the MAcc courses.
Applicants to the MAcc must meet these minimum requirements*:
- Must have a four-year Bachelor’s degree
- Must have a 2.75 GPA (4.0 scale) overall
- Must have a 500 score on the GMAT (or the GRE equivalent)
*Applicants lacking the above listed prerequisites may be given provisional admission as they begin this coursework. No more than five years can elapse between satisfaction of the above criteria and application to the program.
Prerequisite courses are offered in a combination of online, evening, and day classes throughout the year. You can start your program at any time.
Prerequisite courses are offered in combination year-round online, in the evening, and during the day. Students with undergraduate business degrees have likely completed most of the eight prerequisite requirements. All applicants should complete the first six prerequisite courses prior to applying to the program. Students who meet the prerequisite requirements can complete the MAcc program in one year. Start anytime.
Pre-MAcc Required Courses
- Macroeconomic Principles (EC 011)
- Microeconomic Principles (EC 012)
- Differential Calculus (MATH 019 or MATH 021)
- Statistics (STAT 141 or 211)
- Financial Accounting (BSAD 60)
- Managerial Accounting (BSAD 61)
- Intermediate Accounting I (BSAD 161)
- Intermediate Accounting II (BSAD 162)