Land of Enchantment
Explore mesmerizing landscapes of juniper-speckled hills, fiery deserts, secret canyons, and ancient villages carved out of the earth. Immerse yourself in the confluence of European American, Native American, and Mexican heritage.
Start your adventure in Sante Fe,where you will spend 4 nights exploring this capital city. Visit the Loretto Chapel, spend time marveling the modernist works of Georgia O’Keeffe, and stroll along famous Canyon Road exploring the many galleries, artist studios and boutiques. Visit Los Alamos and tour the National Laboratory, travel to Chimayo where you’ll visit the El Santuario de Chimayo and Classical Gas Station Museum.
The next two nights will be in Taos, where you will join local experts to discover the stories that inspired the sacred traditions of the Ancient Pueblo Peoples, visit the Kit Carson Home & Museum, and enjoy free time in Taos’ downtown historic district. You will end your trip in Albuquerque with a ride on the Sandia Peak Tramway, a visit to the Indian Pueblo Cultural Center, and explore Old Town Albuquerque’s narrow streets and ancient adobe houses.
ALL OLLI Travel participants must be OLLI at UVM members.
- Meet and greet at airport by multi-lingual tour director
- Transfers from and to Albuquerque airport
- Ground travel in private, deluxe, air-conditioned motor coach (w/ restroom on board)
- 4 nights accommodation in Santa Fe at Hilton Santa Fe Plaza
- 2 nights accommodation in Taos at El Monte Sagrado
- 1 night accommodation in Albuquerque at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque
- Headsets during tours
- 14 meals w/ tips included: 7 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 4 dinners (includes beer or wine)
- Guided sightseeing tours per itinerary
- Entrance fees to sites per itinerary
Program does not include:
- Meals and drinks not stated in offer
- Domestic airfare (see above re: group air travel arrangements)
- Travel Insurance (see above re: group travel insurance arrangements)
- Optional tours and excursions
- Personal expenses (e.g. telephone calls, bar bills/room service, laundry, etc.)
- Tips to tour director, coach driver, tour guides (estimated at $112 total per person)
- Customary daily gratuity to hotel chamberperson
Price of Trip: $3,195 per person, double occupancy; $600 single supplement.
Note: If you are a single person who would like to request a roommate to avoid the single supplement, please choose that option on the registration form. We will do our best to fulfill this request but cannot guarantee it.
Round-trip group air travel will be arranged through EF/GoAhead Tours after group minimum is met. Group travel insurance (required) will be provided by EF/GoAhead Tours along with the group air reservation. Current group air rates starting from $660 per person round trip from BTV to Albuquerque and back to BTV.
The lowest group air rates available for your itinerary will be provided.
Please read the following requirements to ensure this trip is a good match for you. A reasonable degree of physical fitness and stamina is required. Participants must be able to walk unassisted at a 2 mph pace or opt out of the activities that involve a lot of walking.
- Ability to walk at least 2 hours daily across mostly flat terrain, including paved trails, dirt paths, with some hills
- Ability to climb a few flights of stairs (some may not have railings)
- Ability to travel by coach bus
- Ability to handle own luggage
- Enjoyment of group travel, group decision-making processes and flexibility with schedules
- For all participants: Travel insurance is highly recommended, and can be purchased through EF/GoAhead Tours.