Global and Environmental Health Graduate Study Certificate
Leading the Way in Public Health Education
Global and Environmental Health is a multidisciplinary field, blending public policy, epidemiology, toxicology, and population health sciences. UVM’s Certificate of Graduate Study in Global and Environmental Health is an 18-credit graduate program that helps you explore a range of health hazards, health-promotion strategies, and environmental public health practices.
This one-year online program is a collaboration of the College of Medicine, Continuing and Distance Education, and the UVM Graduate College. Graduate students can take this as a stand-alone program or as part of a master’s, MD, or PhD program.
This Graduate Certificate Program teaches you to:
- Evaluate, promote, and improve health across populations
- Explain barriers to public health and discuss health-promotion strategies
- Collaborate with a network of professionals in healthcare, government, and non-profit organizations
- Learn basic epidemiology skills, such as descriptive epidemiology
- Understand environmental factors and exposure routes affecting health
- Navigate community resources
- Prepare for further graduate study or research in public health and related fields