The UVM online Master of Public Health curriculum was developed in collaboration with the Larner College of Medicine. Our 42-credit online Master of Public Health (MPH) degree prepares you for a number of Public Health careers. Our program helps students explore timely public health and policy issues while providing a strong foundation in population health sciences. Our program leads to a Generalist MPH degree focused on excellence in Environmental Public Health, Epidemiology, Quantitative Public Health Sciences, and Health Policy, Leadership, and Advocacy. Our graduates are well-rounded and you will be prepared to grow your career in the area of Public Health of most interest to you.
We take academics and our online MPH program seriously, expecting a certain level of performance from our students. Students enrolled in the program are expected to maintain a minimum grade point average of 3.0 and meet all of the requirements of the Graduate College.
You can earn all program credits online, with the option to complete the culminating capstone project experience based on your home location. As a full-time student, you can complete the program within one or two years, or you can choose the flexibility of part-time study around your professional schedule.
The Online Master of Public Health degree requires 42 total credits and includes:
- 18 credits in national competency core courses (6 courses)
- 9 credits in required advanced core courses (3 courses)
- 6 credits of required culminating (capstone) project experience
- 9 elective course credits (3 courses)
Example Curriculum Sequence Maps:
- Four semesters: Students will be required to take 12 or more credits per semester (summer, spring, fall) and complete their culminating capstone project experience during their final summer. Matriculation begins once per year during the summer semester. *Please note that this is a prescribed curriculum and must be taken in sequence beginning in SUMMER only.
- Full-time students: The program can be completed in 24 months.
- Part-time students (Those enrolled in fewer than 9 credits per semester): Students have up to five years to complete the program.
If you have any questions or want to review sequences that interest you, we are here to help. You can reach out to our Advisors at 802-656-2085 or by requesting information on the right.