Healthcare Management & Policy Online Graduate Certificate
Become a Leader
UVM’s online Certificate of Graduate Study in Healthcare Management & Policy introduces students to a range of policy, finance, and management issues impacting healthcare and public health in today’s changing and challenging environment.
This 18-credit, online graduate program provides a solid foundation in health policy and management while allowing for some content and scheduling flexibility to help prepare students in their areas of specific career interest. The expert faculty have experience in navigating today’s health landscape with expertise in law, medicine, public health, economics, health insurance, leadership, and management.
This one-year, online program is a collaboration of the UVM Larner College of Medicine. Graduate students and professionals can take this as a stand-alone program or as part of a master’s, MD, or PhD program.
This Graduate Certificate Program teaches you to:
- Identify the main components and issues of the organization, financing, and delivery of health services and public health systems in the U.S.
- Understand the legal and ethical basis for public health and healthcare services
- Apply the principles of program planning, development, budgeting, management, and evaluation
- Discuss the policy process for improving the health status of populations
- Use systems thinking and apply quality and performance improvement concepts to address organizational issues
- Prepare for further graduate study or research in healthcare, public health, and related fields