The University of Vermont’s Healthcare Management and Leadership program provides the tools and skills necessary for healthcare managers to succeed in the dynamic work of health services delivery.
Through five interactive sessions you will develop techniques and explore practical solutions to the biggest challenges facing today’s healthcare managers.
- Project Management
- Data-Driven Decision Making
- Strategy and Management
- Change Management
- Leading and Developing Employees
The certificate connects you with the UVM community and a network of peers in the industry.
You will gain valuable skills and a foundation of knowledge that you can put to work immediately within your organization.
Day-long locally held sessions allow you to minimize your time away from work and family, while participating in training to help you become a more effective leader and reach your professional goals.
As a result of this program participants will:
- Develop tools and strategies to become more effective managers and leaders
- Learn to develop strategy and assess the environment and stakeholder needs
- Develop planning and decision making tools and techniques
- Apply project management best practices and templates
- Learn to lead and manage organizational change in a healthcare setting
- Inspire, grow and support employees
“At this time of dramatic and disruptive change in the health care landscape -- informed, innovative leaders are needed more than ever to help identify ways to promote health care affordability and ensure that Americans have access to needed care. The Health Care Administration Professional Certificate Program provides a foundation for leaders who are grappling with the realities of a repealed Affordable Care Act and contemplating ways to protect consumers through the transition and into a replacement plan. In the future, states will have much more authority in making health care management and policy decisions. Strong health care managers are essential in shaping a better future for all the stakeholders of the health care system in the US – and UVM’s Professional Certificate program is a critical resource for leadership and scholarship in the field of health care management.”
- Catherine Hamilton Ph.D., Instructor
UVM Healthcare Administration Professional Certificate Program
Who Should Attend
- Medical and health services managers, leaders and administrators who plan, direct and coordinate services
- Facility managers
- Medical practice group managers and leaders
- Financial and IT managers
- HR managers
- Clinical or department managers
- Managers and leaders in the insurance industry
- Social and community service managers
- Home health and hospice managers