While GAP is individually designed, students enrolled in the program must meet these requirements:
- A minimum of 18 credit hours in approved UVM courses, not to exceed 30 credit hours within three years
- An approved program contract on file in the Office of Continuing and Distance Education, with all necessary academic transcripts and approvals in place.
- A GAP cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 to guarantee admission to UVM.
- An official transfer application for undergraduate admission to the University of Vermont can be made during the last semester of coursework in the program.
- Vermont residency (exceptions may be made for non-residents)
- Veterans (do not have to have Vermont residency.)