University of Vermont Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Scholarship for End of Life Doula Professional Certificate Candidates
The University of Vermont (UVM) End-of-Life Doula Professional Certificate program supports the development and entry into the Doula profession of more individuals who, by their background, work, studies, and/or service endeavors, increase, support and demonstrate commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. The goal of this scholarship is to broaden the reach of doulas and aspiring doulas to provide culturally-affirming EOL care within more communities. The scholarship covers the entire cost of the End-of-Life Doula Professional Certificate course of your choice.
- End-of-Life Doula Professional Certificate
- Companion Animal End-of-Life Doula Professional Certificate (4-week course)
- Companion Animal End-of-Life Doula Professional Certificate for Alumni (2-week course for End-of-Life Doula Professional Certificate graduates)
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA – must meet all three:
- Financial need – you must certify that you have income at or below 300% of the federal poverty guidelines (FPG) by household size. (For audit purposes, UVM reserves the right to request additional information to verify income. Please refer to the table below for federal poverty guidelines);
- An Individual who, by their background or through their work, studies, and/or service endeavors, increases or supports diversity, equity and inclusion;
- And commitment to furthering social justice through End-of-Life or Companion Animal doula work.
Scholarship applications are being accepted for a limited number of spots for the online End-of-Life Doula Professional Certificate courses developed by The Robert Larner, M.D. College of Medicine in partnership with Professional and Continuing Education at The University of Vermont.
|Persons in family/household||Annual Household Income (300% of the federal poverty guidelines)|
|For families/households with more than 8 persons, add $14,160 for each additional person|
Application Timeline for Spring and Summer 2023 Sessions:
- Scholarship Application Opens: October 1, 2022. Link will be live on this page.
- Deadline to apply for scholarship: November 1, 2022.
- Scholarship awarded on or before: December 1, 2022
Application Timeline for Fall 2023 Sessions
- Scholarship Application Opens: May 1, 2023. Link will be live on this page.
- Deadline to apply for scholarship: June 1, 2023
- Scholarship awarded on or before: July 1, 2023
If you are awarded a UVM Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion scholarship for one of the End-of-Life Doula Professional Certificate courses, you will be notified and a UVM representative will assist with your registration. We will do our best to honor your preferred session choice. NOTE: Payment will not be made directly to you, and if you decide not to attend, your scholarship will be transferred to a different applicant.