All courses are available online. Students must complete five courses or 15 credits (9 required credits, 6 elective credits) with a GPA of 2.0 or above in each course. Each course is 3 credits unless otherwise noted.
- CS 008: Introduction to Web Development
- CS 021: Computer Programming I
- CS 166 Cybersecurity Principles OR CS 266 Network Security and Cryptography
Plus two additional approved cybersecurity courses. Existing approved cybersecurity electives are listed below (this list may change as offerings are updated):
- CIS 001: Cybersecurity Law and Policy
- CS 006: Exploring Cybersecurity
- CS 166: Cybersecurity Principles
- CS 167: Cybersecurity Defense
- CS 266: Network Security and Cryptography
- CS 225: Programming Languages
- CS 265: Computer Networks
1Initially CIS 096 will be offered as a special topics course, but we will give it a permanent course number should this course attract sufficient student interest.
2CS 006 will not count towards the certificate if taken after CS 166 or CS 266. CS 006 was formerly run as special topics courses CIS 096 and CS 5 Exploring Cybersecurity
3CS 166 will not count towards the certificate if taken after CS 266. CS 166 was formerly run as special topics courses CIS 196 and CS 195 Applied Cybersecurity I
4CS 167 was formerly run as special topics courses CIS 196 and CS 195 Applied Cybersecurity II
For additional questions regarding course sequencing, please contact program advisor Jason Hibbeler.