Cannabis Science and Medicine Continuing Medical Education (CME)
The University of Vermont designates this enduring material activity for a maximum of 7.75 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This program is made up of 5 individual modules that can be completed independently.
Audience: Designed for Clinicians, Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants.
Frequency: Available on-demand throughout the year by UVM’s Department of Pharmacology
Those seeking CME credit must claim their credit by December 15, 2018.
- MEDICO-LEGAL (1.25 hours) – Register for this Module
- Cannabis History, Policy and Law
- Public Health – Risks and Potential Benefits
- BIOLOGY AND BASIC SCIENCE (1.75 hours) – Register for this Module
- The Endocannabinoid System
- The Phytocannabinoids and Terpenes
- CLINICAL PRACTICE 1 – PHYSIOLOGY AND PHARMACOLOGY (2 hours) – Register for this Module
- Physiological and Adverse Effects
- Preparations and Dosage
- CLINICAL PRACTICE 2 –PAIN SYNDROMES (1.5 hours) – Register for this Module
- Clinical Practice – Chronic pain
- Clinical Practice – Cancer and Palliative care
- CLINICAL PRACTICE 3 – MOTOR DISORDERS (1.25 hours) – Register for this Module
- Clinical Practice – MS and Parkinson’s disease
- Clinical Practice – Seizures