Online Teaching Boot Camp!
We are offering a two-week online boot camp designed specifically for faculty who are new to teaching online courses. In the boot camp, you will learn the nuts and bolts of online course creation, tips and tricks to make Blackboard work for you, and key strategies to make your course dynamic, challenging, and engaging for both you and your students.
Faculty who sign up for the boot camp will receive ready-made course shells and course design templates, along with lots of opportunities to practice your skills while being mentored by our team of instructional designers. The boot camp is fully online and asynchronous, so you can work when your schedule allows!
Upon completion of this Boot Camp, you will be able to:
- Integrate course design best practices for your intensive summer online course.
- Build your course modules using appropriate Blackboard tools.
- Design elements of an interactive and humanized online course.
Required Text and/or Materials
There is no required textbook for this course. All materials will be available within our Blackboard course space.
- Screencast-o-Matic (Free download; learn how to install and set up Screencast-o-matic)
- Microsoft Teams (Free download; learn how to install Microsoft Teams)
- Microsoft Word
- Adobe Reader
- Microsoft PowerPoint (optional, if you want to make a slide presentation)
- Speakers and microphone: The built-in speaker and microphone in your laptop should be adequate.
- Headset (optional)
The estimated time commitment is 4-6 hours over 2 weeks.
The Summer Online Teaching Boot Camp is offered once a month. Specific dates are listed on the registration form.
This boot camp is different from the Teaching Effectively Online course offered by CTL (Center for Teaching and Learning). This two-week course is designed to provide an additional opportunity for faculty to get support for online course design and teaching, in a compact format. We highly recommend that faculty members register for TEO in May, if time and schedules allow.