This course focuses on population health and community partnerships. Students will provide care to a defined community within their clinical groups and will work in collaboration with professionals in a variety of settings in Belize. We will learn about public health nursing and compare it to what happens here in the US. We will visit health facilities, clinics, government agencies, and other field sites; hold classes, complete the community assessment, as well as visit historic sites and museums.
Travel Study Costs and Fees
Program Fee: $2,223*
If you are admitted to the course, you will receive an email asking you to accept or decline the spot. To accept your spot, you are required to fill out the commitment deposit form and submit a $500 non-refundable deposit within 48 hours. For more information about payment policies and procedures, view the Travel Study Payment Policy.
A $500 non-refundable deposit is due at the time you are admitted to the program.
- In-country transportation
- Student housing accommodations
- Cultural activities and excursions arranged by the lead instructor
- Supplies and materials
- College tuition and fees**, see UVM Student Financial Services
- Airfare, estimated at $1,713
- Cancel for any reason flight insurance (strongly encouraged)
- Baggage fees
- Vaccinations and any associated costs
- Passport fees
- Personal and entertainment expenses
- Optional excursions
- Anything not specified as included in the program
*Trip cost subject to change due to unanticipated changes.
**Travel Study courses are regarded as normal UVM courses and as such, normal tuition and fees apply.
Visit the U.S. Department of State website for information regarding country health, safety risks, and laws for Belize.