Checklist for Student Success in Online Credit Courses
- Read the course expanded course description in your MyUVM portal
- Know what textbooks you need and obtain them prior to the start of the course – UVM bookstore
- Watch the recorded online learning webinars
- Know how to log into your course
- Know the add, drop & withdrawal dates
- Know how to get tech support if you need it
- Know how to access the library from off-campus
First Day of Class
- What if I do not see my class in the Learning Management System? We recommend emailing your instructor to find out when it will be available
- Plan to spend time orienting yourself to the course, course layout, structure and course expectations.
- Print a copy of the course Syllabus.
- Introduce yourself on the discussion board (if your instructor asks you to do so.)
- Know where to find your course lectures and assignments
- Add all due dates and important course related dates into your personal calendar
Time Management Tip
Plan to spend anywhere from 5-20 hours per week working on your course. Time spent will depend on the length of the course.
Every Week of the Class
- Know the day of the week when a new week or module begins. Be sure
to log in that day to identify your assignments for the week.
- Set aside time in your daily schedule to log in, complete course work, assignments and/or participate in online discussions.
- If you have questions or need help with course content, do not delay in reaching out to your instructor.
- Do not fall behind in your coursework. It is hard to catch up.
- Develop a time management strategy.
- Check your grades in My Grades.
End of Class
- Complete the end of course evaluation