Climbing in big mountain environments at elevations above 5,000m, requires disciplined personal preparation, group expedition planning, diverse technical mountaineering skills and glacier terrain assessment, travel & rescue skills. This 3-credit classwill focus on critical safety & technical mountaineering skill fundamentals: proper clothing & climbing equipment, multi terrain hiking & climbing skills, proactive acclimatization & altitude sickness prevention and glacial terrain travel assessment skills.
Please contact the instructor for information about this course!
- Thursday September 21st, 2017
- Mansfield Room, Davis Center
Peru: Introduction to Mountaineering
- Course Location:
- Program Dates:
- Summer 2018
Travel Dates: TBD
- No Credit specified
- John Abbott, Contact for more information.
- The program fee is TBD, airfare, books, and tuition are additional. For information on the 30% discount on tuition this Summer, please visit Student Financial Services. Students are responsible for obtaining the appropriate vaccinations, including any associated costs. At the time you are admitted, you will be required to submit a $500 non-refundable deposit.
- No Prerequisites specified