Tuition and fees information associated with the public health programs are available at the Student Financial Services (SFS) site:
- Certificate Tuition and Fees (FAFSA not applicable as this program is not eligible for federal or institutional financial aid)
- Master’s Tuition and Fees
The University of Vermont Public Health Scholarship is available to prospective Master of Public Health and Certificates of Graduate Study in Public Health students. Restrictions and limitations apply. Complete terms and conditions of this scholarship are as follows:
- Students must be among the first 50 term admits to return their decision form and register each term to receive the scholarship.
- Only students enrolled in the Master of Public Health, Certificate of Graduate Study in Public Health or Certificate of Graduate Study in Environmental Health are eligible for the scholarship. Students simultaneously enrolled in another UVM undergraduate, graduate or medical degree are not eligible for the scholarship.
- Recipients are selected for the scholarship based on their acceptance into the master’s or certificate programs without the requirement of a separate scholarship application.
- The amount of the UVM Public Health Scholarship will be 35% of the board approved tuition rate for academic year applied to the public health courses taken during the academic year by an eligible out of state student enrolled in a public health certificate or master’s program.
- Scholarship eligibility will expire three academic years after an eligible student is enrolled in the Certificate of Graduate Study in Public Health or the Certificate of Graduate Study in Environmental Health or five years after an eligible student is enrolled in the Master in Public Health, or upon successfully earning the certificate or degree, whichever occurs first. Students who have not completed the public health certificate within three years or the master’s degree within five years will not receive additional scholarship assistance to complete the program.
Federal or institutional financial aid is not available for students enrolled solely in a certificate program. The SFS website includes details about other potential financing options for the certificate program.
There are financial aid options for students enrolled in a master’s program. The SFS website includes details about potential financial aid resources and financing options for the master’s program (a completed FAFSA form is required).
The University of Vermont’s Online Certificate of Graduate Study in Public Health is a concise, six course introduction to the interdisciplinary field of Public Health. Coursework includes Health Policy, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, and Environmental Health.
The University of Vermont’s online Graduate Certificate in Environmental Health is a concise, six-course program that gives students the opportunity to explore a range of human health hazards, health promotion strategies, and methods of environmental health practice. Coursework covers Environmental Health, Epidemiology and Health Policy.
The University of Vermont’s Online Master of Public Health Degree is a 42-credit program available completely online. It enables students to explore current public health and health policy issues while gaining a strong foundation in population health sciences. The program offers a Generalist MPH Degree, and has excellence in Environmental Health, Quantitative Public Health Sciences, and Health Policy, Leadership and Advocacy.