Food Hub Management Professional Certificate
Training for Tomorrow’s Food Hub Leaders
The first of its kind in the country, now in its third year, this program is an innovative blend of hands-on, community-based online and on-campus learning to prepare you for managing food hubs. The program provides the tools you need to advance your career in food systems.
- Designed for emergent and established food hub managers
- Goals of the program are to strengthen and accelerate management skills of operational leaders of food hubs and other community based food system organizations
- Multi-disciplined subject matter taught by Food Hub Managers, who are subject matter experts in each discipline
- Taught online with residential sessions held on the campus of the University of Vermont – a state leading the local food movement
- Student selection through a competitive, national application process
- Syllabus includes: Business Formation, Food Hub Fundamentals, Business Planning, Marketing, Sales, Finance HR & Staffing, Risk Management, Food Safety, Product Development and Knowledge, Supply Chain Management, Storage and Warehouse Management, Distribution, Processing, Technology, Value Chain Facilitation
Develop Essential Knowledge & Skills
- Legal Structure, Sources of Capital
- Business Planning and Assessment
- Sales Forecasting, Analysis and Marketing
- Finance and Risk Management
- Food Safety – On Farm, Facility, and FSMA
- Supply and Value Chain Integration
- New Product Development and Processing
- Management of Facilities, Distribution, and Technology
- Human Resources and Stakeholder Management
Who Should Apply?
- Individuals exploring the feasibility of starting or expanding a food hub
- Emerging leaders in organizations advancing the feasibility of regional food systems
- Food Hub practitioners focused on ‘the next ten years’
- Professionals seeking to develop their career in the local and regional food market
2017 Program Fee
10 month option program fee: $5,945 (Includes online and on campus curriculum, on campus portion includes: site visit transportation and breakfast and lunch Monday-Friday. Housing is not included.)
At this time we are only offering the 4 month option. We may offer the 10 month option depending on interest from the 4 month students, if they want to continue at the end of the 4 month option, contingent upon enrollments.
4 month option program fee: $3,795 (Includes online and on campus curriculum, on campus portion includes: site visit transportation and breakfast and lunch Monday-Friday. Housing is not included.)
UVM Affiliates: 20% discount. UVM affiliates defined as UVM students, UVM alumni, UVM current and retired faculty and staff and their spouses and dependents.